AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Going to National Farm Bureau in New Orleans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DRester
Posted 11/15/2018 16:09 (#7107543 - in reply to #7104098)
Subject: RE: Going to National Farm Bureau in New Orleans

Franklinton, LA
I agree with you about going to Cafe du Monde in the French Market. This very popular little restaurant and coffee shop is about 2 blocks east of Jackson Square. Their claim to fame is good coffee and bignets (do nuts). While you are in Jackson Square I hope you will look very closely at the stature of Andrew Jackson and his horse. This is a very unusual sculpture. The lower rear legs of the horse have a lot of steel that supports the entire stature.

Deanie's in Buck Town is really good. However, Acme Oyster House and Mike Anderson's restaurant in the French Quarter will probably be more convenient and they will have good food at a reasonable price.

If you like old style Dixieland Jazz you might try Preservation Hall. It is in the French quarter a block or two behind St Louis Cathedral. Pat O'Briens is next door and would be a fun place to check out.

I always enjoy going across the river on the Canal Street Ferry and riding the street cars on St Charles Ave. Blain Kerns Mardi Gras World and the WWII Museum attract a lot of visitors. They also have every kind land, swamp and river tour you can imagine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)