AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Going to National Farm Bureau in New Orleans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DRester
Posted 11/13/2018 13:40 (#7103594 - in reply to #7101145)
Subject: RE: Going to National Farm Bureau in New Orleans

Franklinton, LA
New Orleans was built in a swamp and it is surrounded by swamps. In other words, there ain't a lot of agriculture close to New Orleans. They have some small citrus farms on the west side of the river south of New Orleans. Their harvest should be finished by the first week of January. Bayou Lafourche is an hours drive west of New Orleans. They have several large sugarcane farms in this area but the harvest should be finished by December 15. Ponchatoula, Tickfaw and Independence are located on I55 about an hours drive north of new Orleans. The small strawberry farmers in this area will be harvesting berries if they have a few weeks when the temperature stays above 30 degrees. Farmers in southwest LA will be planting rice and corn in March.

Agriculture in LA is in hibernation during January. Swamp tours are nice in the spring and summer but most of the alligators and snakes hibernate in January.

I hope you and your daughter enjoy New Orleans and I hope you can return in the spring or summer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)