AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ear corn help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cflory
Posted 11/10/2018 15:58 (#7097511)
Subject: ear corn help

NE kansas
I have 9 head of steers on feed shooting for the first April for finish or sooner. Would guess they are 900lbs + at this point, eating 26lbs a hd per day. I am currently feeding a ration of 1850lbs rolled corn, 50lbs mineral/rumensin and 100lbs bean meal. They are eating great and have never backed away as I have increased their feed. Free choice course stemmy hay. They are the best doing group I have fed so I hate to change anything but a neighbor stopped by today and has a bunch of ear corn he needs to move. I have never fed ear corn but always heard it was the best feed. Is there a good ration to use with bean meal or DDGs? Am I going to have to add shelled corn anyway? Should I pull the hay and keep the bunk full of ground ear corn? The price is right, figures $1 a bushel less than I am paying right now when converted to shell corn value, I don't raise any crops so I buy everything at the elevator retail. Or do I just stick with what is working for this group? Hereford steers and I do have a grinder.

Edited by cflory 11/10/2018 15:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)