AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gooseneck hitch for tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Galaxie64
Posted 11/9/2018 18:23 (#7095778 - in reply to #7095667)
Subject: RE: Gooseneck hitch for tractor

WY, OK
Buy or make a 3pt hitch. Ball should be as low and close to the lower 2pt arms as possible. Obviously biggest danger is backing up. After pricing the better ones all well over $400 I just made one. Worked off pictures of one someone made on here with C channel and bought hitch tube and two 3pt. studs. I used it to gather and take 11-- 5x6 rounds to the yard at a time. It is ugly as I needed it done asap but it worked. Trailer and hay had to come in over 20Klb.

Took Wire farms idea near the bottom of this thread. I used a receiver tube to put a hitch and ball of my choosing in instead of the plates:

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=593711&posts=1...

Mine also is used on a quick hitch. Have to remember not to weld a cross piece in below the top link so you can pull it off, almost made that mistake. I also put the two lower studs inside the C channels instead of making an offset ear to mount them in. I also angled the receiver tube somewhat so I wouldn't bind too much at full depth, notice how his is also angled.

IIRC one of the nice ones I wanted to buy was in TN and the shipping was going to kill me. Pretty much made mine for what the shipping would have been.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)