AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Plow day - 10/21/18 - Clifton IL....photos
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 10/23/2018 05:30 (#7060481 - in reply to #7060014)
Subject: RE: Question for Ron 10/48

Chebanse, IL.....

Robert

Thanks for the birthday wishes....10-19-48.

Dad (Glenn)  & Uncle (Don) farmed together. I'd say uncle did 75% of plowing with the "piggy-back". I remember removing the seat from the SM, which was always the rear tractor, one season. Only takes 2-3 minutes. I think there is 4 bolts holding the seat bracket on a M or SM to the platform. Our SM was an early model so the battery was still under the gas tank, later SM had battery under seat which would've confounded things. Of course the lights are easy to point rearwards. This M now being used on the piggy back is a late M, 1952.

But, "back in the day", the rear tractor didn't get much rest. It had just finished duties of picking corn with the mounted 2MH, then moved to plow duties on the rear, then as soon as plowing was done it was time to put the loader on & start hauling manure. The front tractor (JD 720D most of the time) had just come off JD 227 picker duty & then moved to plowing, then after that was done, it was put on the MM "E" sheller where it spent most of the winter/spring. 

Not much down time back then.

That's our good friend, Jim Lamore on his 4020 "turbo" right behind me.

(DSC05771 (full).JPG)

(DJI_0035 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC05771 (full).JPG (144KB - 52 downloads)
Attachments DJI_0035 (full).JPG (188KB - 56 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)