AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using twine on cornstalk bales
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 10/21/2018 09:02 (#7057614 - in reply to #7057562)
Subject: RE: Using twine on cornstalk bales

Driftless SW Wisconsin

exdairyguy - 10/21/2018 08:32 +1 burned up my 566 last year that only had twine. Was really frustrating watching the neighbor make 3 to my 1. Now have a 569 and didn't know how much not having net was costing me.

When I bought a 569 in 2013 the dealer ordered it for me with twine only/no netwrap to save money and because I only do a couple hundred bales per year.  After having several years of frustration trying to get all of the twine off of the bale when feeding I took the baler in and had them add netwrap. What a difference! Both at baling time and when feeding.  I found it MUCH easier and faster to remove the netwrap than the twine at feeding time for bales stored in the shed, baleage bales out of the tube and even outdoor stored bales.

I baled a lot of the neighbor's shredded and raked corn stalks last year with netwrap and was pleasantly surprised at how well the 569 with netwrap worked in stalks. I would not think twine would work very well. I upped the wraps to about 4.5 and those outdoor stored bales are still in good shape.

The baler should have been ordered netwrap only and leave all the twine mechanism and storage off.  A rookie mistake on my part. The 569 with netwrap works well in about any material I've tried to bale. 

Edited by Jim 10/21/2018 09:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)