AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tuesday’s drawing 1.6 billion..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Galaxie64
Posted 10/20/2018 18:18 (#7056700 - in reply to #7055865)
Subject: RE: Tuesday’s drawing 1.6 billion..

WY, OK
Wouldn't be that big of a deal for most. Problem is most people that buy lottery tickets aren't the smartest financially so they are doomed to fail if they do win and I'd bet those are who win more often than say a guy that has a business that does hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and could handle such a "problem". Big difference between that and white trash Bertha who has never been out of a trailer park.

If I won I sure wouldn't be running around next day telling the world. First calls would be lawyer and accountant, then I'd probably get new phone numbers and upgrade security. Seems like the people who have it together take at least a month to get everything in order before they come forward. Even though I am young enough that the 20 or 30 year pay out might be smarter I'd probably take lump sum and sink at least 100 mill into land and another 100 mill into other investments. Who knows with the rest. I think that big ranch in NV is still for sale for around 70. Biggest problem would truthfully be finding the banking infrastructure to handle that much money at least short term. I know a lot of regional banks I have seen brag about having 20 million ready to loan which means they have a lot less than that on hand.

I also think after the short term couple weeks/months there wouldn't be too many in the "general" public that would know anything about you as long as you weren't out there parading around in a new Ferrari and flaunting every where you went. Worst would be the handful of people that may or may not be relatives that would think they need in on it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)