AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leasing ground for deer hunting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 10/19/2018 14:31 (#7055005 - in reply to #7055001)
Subject: RE: Leasing ground for deer hunting

Sometimes the juice just ain’t worth the squeeze, and this definitely falls into that category. My two cents.edit too add; reason I say that is in order to charge enough to make it worth your while, nobody’s gonna pay that rate and share it with somebody else, even tho that somebody is the landowner. Therefor you need to cut your rate significantly to attract somebody on those much less favorable terms, then you don’t have much cash to show for the headaches you now have to put up with. You’ve created a catch 22 situation. Another edit too add; My wife and I ran a commercial hunting lodge operation for 25 years, and have seen every type of hunter possible come thru the doors in that time span. This was a pheasant hunting lodge, but that doesn’t change the chemistry of the patrons much. The money was good while we did it, finally figured out that money ain’t everything, and gave it all up. I enjoy hunting more now that it’s not a business. There are a few things I miss in my life. Commercial hunting ain’t one of them.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 10/20/2018 07:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)