AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Health Insurance....Any farmer group buy-ins or options?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

cbm
Posted 10/19/2018 06:06 (#7054304 - in reply to #7053467)
Subject: NFIB conversation

central Virginia
The NFIB rep came by a couple of months ago. One of the things he mentioned is the way insurance polices are being made available. I don't really know the inner workings of insurance. I will try to regurgitate what he told me. Something to the effect that there are only a couple of actual policies available to a given location. While there may be many options? as far as agents, There are only a couple plans. If that makes sense. Historically an individual had to choose between the plans which are available in their location. The change is that you now can shop other markets. For instance you could get quotes from BCBS in 20 states. He said that prices from market to market varied significantly. It would be possible to put together a group to shop with a bigger base and get quotes from many locations. He also said that soon insurance coverage will be sold a la carte. Currently every one has insurance for if you become pregnant. Obviously this is one part of the plan men would be able to opt out of. If someone knows of an organization that is accepting members/clients I would be interested. I have been to busy to do much question asking since the chat with him. So I don't know if any of this is accurate or not. I would think with the average age of the farming community it would be best to search for a group policy that is NOT agriculture based. Has anyone else heard any news like this? The guy acted like it was a game changer. This is the way Wal-mart and the likes have been doing it for years. Due to the fact they are probably in every state. They are afforded the opportunity to shop every market with a huge client list. My first wife worked at Walmart and the insurance was really good. And incredibly cheap. Pre-existing conditions are a non issue

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)