AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dying friends wish WHAT would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dan Loehr
Posted 10/14/2018 11:46 (#7046127)
Subject: Dying friends wish WHAT would you do?

Holland, Indiana (SW IN)
I can now think about my friend's passing --it's been almost a year and its raining now guess its TIME to think
I'm blessed with having 3 long time friends --40+ years of friendship (all 3 have now passed from cancer)

Coop and I had been friends for 43 years (not just an acquaintance) a true friend - I was best man in his wedding, he had helped me pour my concrete drive way, I had helped roof his house, in our later years we visited at least 1 X a month, we had drank a lot of beer together (not quite as much as we had gotten older)
We had watched and helped a mutual friend (Charlie)--as he died of cancer (took Charlie 8 years to die a bunch of bad days --but a few good times in his last years)--we both had been there for Charlie--The girls from Hospice are saints
Charlie was not married --Coop (my friend dying of cancer now) was divorced

I was in the hospital room with him (only us) Coop said he did not want to struggle and go through what Charlie went through--he was ready to die
"How many Lortabs do I have to take to end my life" was the question
We discussed ways of ending his life almost like planning the next concrete pour--

What would YOU do --I can add not helping a friend was out of the question --I had tried to never let a friend down --wasn't about to let Coop down
RIP Don (Coop)

Dan

I will not post what we did --I realize suicide (or any talk about it is taboo)

Edited by Dan Loehr 10/14/2018 12:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)