AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

talk me into selling my hay equipment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

bg in mo
Posted 9/25/2018 14:29 (#7008281 - in reply to #7008173)
Subject: RE: Do it..

Central Mo
I keep around 40 cows and I used to bale all of my hay, in 2012 I ended up having to buy around 100 bales of $50 800# bales because of drought. It took me until the middle of that winter to realize that it probably would’ve been a lot better idea to cull cows instead. (Hindsight’s always 20/20 I guess). Anyway the following year you couldn’t hardly give a bale hay away because the rains came and there was a lot of hay around and up until this year we’ve had pretty good hay years. I’ve been buying most of my hay since then and ended up keeping my hay equipment. This year hay is really short here so I’m glad I kept my hay equipment because we got some rain late this summer and was able to bale some second cutting grass which will help get me over the hump hopefully. The guys that say have enough room for 2 yrs. worth are making a valid point because that’s what is hopefully going to help me this year, next year I don’t know about though. So I wouldn’t recommend getting rid of your hay equipment until you go through a dry year because you might wish you had it back.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)