AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It just ain’t right
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

redoak
Posted 9/1/2018 14:32 (#6963515 - in reply to #6962967)
Subject: At least we have the choice

sw ontario
I sure am not immune too complaining about farming but I have too remind myself that the choice too farm was mine,the choice too stay farming is mine where as the "working man" has little too no chance too farm today if he wanted too....My late Father said the Cash Grain farming is the best job in the world now with all the machinery ,support programs,ect. and so much better lifestyle than being President or owner of some large business....... Dad went from being born in 1924 and farming with horses,threshing machines ,milking cows,hand picked processing tomato's,pigs,crops,ect. to what Ag had become when he passed away in 2005....I think his favorite later model machines were MF 35 3 cyl. diesel, 9000 series combine (after having a new 550) ,7810 and 6210 mfwd loader tractor....fyi when we was a child during the depression he told his Mom "someday I will be worth $50k" ...they wondered if he as crazy or something...He always survived,never complained and was quite active farming until he was close too 80...he loved driving combine
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)