AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

milk pricing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JR B
Posted 8/21/2018 08:17 (#6941236 - in reply to #6938292)
Subject: RE: milk pricing

Linneus Mo.
Martin I have no problem with the website or the discussion of ideas. Didn't mean to come off like that. I only was expressing my views of the ideas.

As to your question. It is kinda loaded. First the way our current system was designed I do believe it to be the most fair system out there. IT allows for local variations in each federal order in terms of usage and transportation of that usage.
Second it maintains a capitalistic bent which at it's core has local controls thru co-ops pooling resources to gain market clout.

Now the above is a very simplistic and maybe archaic working definition of the system.

It never was intended to have a means of calculating in milk producers who are now as large as the co-ops that were formed with the federal order system. These large farms can leverage a better price while smaller farms are forced to the FMMO price. This is why the current theory of Low prices cure low Prices isn't working not everybody is receiving the same price.

Finally I feel that changes to our banking laws and a blind eye to the use of illegal labor are the 2 biggest factors changing the landscape of dairy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)