AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It took an 11-year-old hacker just 10 minutes to change election results on Florida’s website
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

towman2000
Posted 8/20/2018 09:39 (#6939293 - in reply to #6937875)
Subject: RE: It took an 11-year-old hacker just 10 minutes to change election results on Florida’s website

SouthCentral WI
While I somewhat agree with you, Galaxie, I also have a different thought. The first is 99.9% security is not good enough when you are talking about elections. I'm also pretty sure that many of the voting machines are hooked to the web at some point so that the tally of information can be transferred to a central location.
Let's not even go to car and truck security. If you think self driving cars aren't hackable. then you are unaware of the current way that cell phone location is being manipulated.

My firm belief is that anything that can be accessed on the web is hackable. One way or another. Some through shear stupidity, some through exploitable code. Nothing is secure.
It may take a Mensa genius 10 years with a super computer, but everything has a weak point. Stress it enough and it will fail.

At least that's my belief.

Towman

Edited by towman2000 8/20/2018 09:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)