AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steak in a quiet restaurant in or near Quad Cities
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Lookingglass
Posted 8/15/2018 22:02 (#6931768 - in reply to #6931476)
Subject: RE: Steak in a quiet restaurant in or near Quad Cities

Southwest Illinois
I don't live there(inlaws do) but have eaten at a couple, several times. Mo Brady's, Bass Chop and Johnnys. Brady's is basically competing against the chain steak houses...Texas Roadhouse, Outback, etc. Decent but IMO nothing special though the atmosphere may be slightly better than the chains, but I was not there on a weekend. Bass St. Chop has a tremendous wine list if that is your thing along with a selection of cocktails that will surely satisfy the most curious tastebuds. Food and atmosphere much better than Brady's. Some very unique sides and plenty of steak options for most and of great quality. In terms of atmosphere Johnnys is my pick. Service has been impeccable and with the italian influence they have a very diverse menu, that includes some top notch steak offerings as well as a decent seafood selections to go with some incredible italian pastas and italian influenced dishes. You can't go wrong with either and it will not be an inexpensive meal in the case of either of the latter two places, but for the special occasion you won't regret it. Eat early and save some room for Whiteys custard for dessert.

As a side note the Celler in Geneseo, IL and the Barnstormer in Monmouth, IL are two great local places that serve some pretty tasty steaks as well. A bit more simple than the couple mentioned above, but both offer that quiet relaxed atmosphere and are going to be a bit cheaper.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)