AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need some help in Peru, IL area....lifting 12rn cultivator onto trailer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/14/2018 06:33 (#6928819 - in reply to #6927485)
Subject: RE: Need some help in Peru, IL area....lifting 12rn cultivator onto trailer.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
No direct help but I was in a similar situation when I sold a heavy B & H cultivator a couple of years ago. The jockey who bought it suggested that I could get two loaders to lift it on his trailer. I didn't like the sound of that plan. I decided to drive the tractor and cultivator to the local dealer where I had purchased it some years earlier. I planned on using their ramp to put it on the jockey's trailer.

This worked out perfectly as my dealer has a fairly large payloader with a 3 point adapter on it. I unhooked the cultivator on the ground and he picked it up and placed it on the trailer right where the driver wanted it. Since the payloader was articulated and the driver familiar with it, this was easy for him.

It would have been difficult and somewhat dangerous to have done this with my tractor as the trailer already had a corn head on the front. No charge from the dealer as I have purchased several items from them. I was very glad I drove the extra miles to get to the dealership. Sometimes things work out nicely.

Edited by tedbear 8/14/2018 06:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)