AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would you say something to the neighbor about this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 8/7/2018 09:20 (#6916148 - in reply to #6916099)
Subject: RE: Would you say something to the neighbor about this?

southern MN
Sparty1973 - 8/7/2018 07:55

Going back and looking at some old posts for some low cost entertainment and ran across this hot mess of comments.
After reading thru the whole collection, I reflected back to the Obama Presidency and the treatment that he received. I’ll bet if the messages on this guys barn had been anti-Obama (back then or anti dem now)very few of you hypocrites would have had any problems with your kids being exposed to that.
How about all the sick racist jokes that were tossed around back in 2008-2016? Bet you laughed and retold them..
The phony birth certificate controversy? And on and on.
Can you spell hypocrite?

I understand some of what you are saying.

In the 8 years, I believe I heard 2 racist jokes about Obama. I presume I lead a sheltered life and there were groups with much more of that, but can only relay my experience. To be honest, I see more racially motivated slurs against Trump, hate is hate it doesn't matter what color you start with?

What is said around a table of friends and what is painted on a building for all to see is two different things as to the foul language?

I would not appreciate a foul language or racial slur painted on my neighbors barn in either case, it would make me uncomfortable. Crazy Republican or crazy Democrat, either way it would be bothersome.

Back 30 years ago, there was some very good political humor that ran both ways, and would make many people smile, no matter which side it was aimed at. Things were more balanced back then.

Stuff is polarized now, and has no humor. It is just hate. No one is looking for a better middle, it is gloves off, I hate the other side, and if we get in we want it all 100% our way.

The govonors election is starting to hit the tv spots the past month now in my state. I'm appalled at the hate and extreme that is showing up in the candidates commercials. Notice I didn't pick a side there - it's just off putting.

Anyhow, to this thread, I would be bothered some with the clear reference to foul language by the neighbor. That would be humorous at the bar table but not out in public. There is a time and place for such things. The neighbor can be for or against any party or politician they want, that part wouldn't bother me at all.

Seems like the anti Obama folk had the birth certificate, the ant Trump folk have the Russians. Something to hang a hat on I guess.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)