AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to teach a stupid dog?? HELP Please!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

95h
Posted 4/23/2009 23:34 (#691252 - in reply to #691069)
Subject: RE: should have read what I was saying,,,

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

"Dog's are pack animals and companion animals"  "they are not like owning cows or pigs."

No where did I say cows were not a committment,  I was comparing owning a dog and owning cows. I've owned cows, not one has followed me around like a dog, not one has tried to get into my pickup like a dog, not one cow has ever sat on the front porch and barked if someone came into the yard, not one cow as ever sat and waited for me to pet him, not once has a cow ever killed mice and gophers on command.

You've already stated: you live in town, you only got the dog because your daughter wanted a dog, but the dog has to stay on the farm because "her mother" doesn't want the dog around, you were already slightly preturbed because the dog follows you around on the 4 wheeler,  "Half the time I was worried he'd get run over but figured he'd learn one way or another so didn't pay much attention to him."

So If I understand correctly somehow the dog is supposed to know he's  supposed to just sit in the barn yard, not be attached to the only human he recognizes as his "pack leader", not follow you around, not become attached to you, (cause he's your daughter's dog?)  and whatever other "rules" there are..

BTW.. I do live alone, on the farm and even when my dog WAS able to follow me anywhere,, I trained him to stay home when I went to town. It took a while but I did train him.  I also trained him to sit,stay, come, when called, "git in the pickup" means exactly what it says, likewise with "git the mouse", "stay home", "eat your dinner", "out" (as in get out of the pickup, or anywhere he's not supposed to be or in danger of getting hurt)  "no" if he was doing something like chasing a coyote, car, or other dog,,,along with a plethora of other commands he's learned. Btw.. he's never once pooped in the yard, he goes to "his" bathroom outside the yard which btw, he learned ALL on his own. And, no he will NOT, refuses to come into the house even if the door is wide open, which he also learned on his own.

And I'm a damn idiot??   yah, ok if you say so...

MIC said it best,,

"An old saying on how to train a dog is "

"First you need to be smarter than the dog." -:)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)