AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to teach a stupid dog?? HELP Please!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oldabe
Posted 4/23/2009 22:00 (#691070 - in reply to #690695)
Subject: Re: How to teach a stupid dog?? HELP Please!

EC Indiana
I've got a pound dog that appears to be 1/2 black lab and 1/2 traveling man. Pretty smart, knows I am boss, comes when I call, gets in the truck or out when I say, sits, stays, waits, won't eat 'til I tell him, etc. - but, he WILL NOT STAY HOME! Have received calls from over 6 miles away..."I got your dog - he's such a nice dog - and smart too!" Loves people, will follow bikers, runners, mopeds, 4 wheelers,...will get in your vehicle if you leave the door open. Only way I can keep him here is to keep him tied. Ran a #9 wire from the house to the barn with a bull ring on it and a 20' cable that I clip him to - he can run up and down the wire between the two buildings, gets plenty of exercise and lots of attention, but if someone lets him off of the cable/wire hookup - BANG - he's gone. Thought when I got my English Shepherd she would keep him here - nope. She goes with him but will come home - not him. A PITA he is. He will live out his days on that cable. I really dislike a running dog. Like him just don't like his running.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)