AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about colonoscopy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Redman
Posted 4/23/2009 15:42 (#690819 - in reply to #690632)
Subject: RE: Question about colonoscopy?

SW Saskatchewan
You can see that there are a number of differences about how colonoscopy is done by different doctors. The day before is the worst with the scouring- in Canada the Medicine is called "Fleet" - wonder who gets to choose those names? Was available without a prescription last year but restrictions have gone into place recently because those type of medications can cause kidney damage.

My sister had died of bowel cancer 18 months ago so ALL the family was scheduled for testing-children, siblings and cousins- since it is supposed to be routine for over 50's, it was well overdue for a lot of us.

We all went except for my brother - likes to play a tough dude with his Harley- but he can't stand the hospital since he lost a leg to a train accident 30 yrs ago. A sister and I had polyps as did a son of the sister who had died. They were removed but I drew the Ace and had to go back for a second procedure plus they turned me around and used to scope on my upper tract.

Turned out I had a bad infection of H.Pylori that cause infection (ulcers) and were responsible for the precancerous polyp I had. Cureable with a course of Antibiotic.

The day before was no picnic, but no worse than some flu I have picked up at summertime picnics and over a lot sooner.

The day of the colonoscopy was lost because of the Demarol, woosey and just not able to drive or work. Other than that no effect.

Normally, there is no bleeding as they cauterize as they remove polyp.

Makes for a lot of bad jokes, but I wish the Dr. had had my sister have the procedure, we were all "ignorant" of the over 50 recommendation. Now I will follow up every five years as my Dr. has prescribed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)