AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would you say something to the neighbor about this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oldbob
Posted 7/21/2018 19:50 (#6884501 - in reply to #6884034)
Subject: RE: Would you say something to the neighbor about this?

West Cental Arkansas
Don't know if saying anything would help or maybe make it worse. You know the folks better than we do.

I raised my kids in an open minded way. If they asked I tried to explain the best I could without getting into much detail. I was just sort of matter of fact and on to some other subject.

My granddaughters are twins. City girls but like to come to the farm. Probably were 4 or 5 years old and we were on the side by side driving through the pasture checking the cows.

One of the cows was off by herself. She had just finished calving. Girls did not know that but thought we needed to go check on her. When we got to the cow the baby was still wet and bloody and the cow hadn't cleaned yet. Girls got all big eyes and were asking what, where, and why. I just matter of fact told thin this is is how those baby calves get here and this is part of the way we make our money on the farm.

Now they are almost 10. Saw a bunch of caves that have just been born, never have had a comment about it again. It is just business as normal for them.

I don't think we should try to hide the world from our kids. I don't think we should introduce them to the world until they ask. When they ask the first time I think that is the time to explain with no more information than is needed.

Good luck with your son.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)