AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New question now for blood donors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Cowboycorn
Posted 4/21/2009 14:09 (#688371 - in reply to #688331)
Subject: RE: New question now for blood donors

north central Oklahoma
Yeah, I know it's left the barn.

Everyone feels it's a noble cause of donating blood, and have a deep seeded nature to help others. Blood centers do the best they can to screen for blood contaminants as commented in other replies. The knowledge is out there that if these lifestyles are lived, HIV is likely, then why do they even attempt to donate blood and spread it to others. Heck, I don't even give blood after taking aspirin. I dang sure couldn't imagine wanting to go give blood if I thought I might be HIV positive. Do these people really think they are immune from the possiblity they could contact HIV - - that only happens to others mentality.

True, there are many heteros spreading HIV and other diseases too, but they are contacting it in the commission of an illegal activity also,(being gay not being illegal, but perhaps immoral to some) and the screening questions should stop them if they are truthful. Blood centers offer no financial reward for giving blood, other than the free cookies. What is the incentive to lie about needle us for illegal drugs?

I won't quit giving blood, but I will have to think very hard before receiving blood from the general supply, but instead will contact family/friends first if I have that luxury.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)