AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Branson Ducks ride map
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DevinF
Posted 7/21/2018 00:49 (#6883068 - in reply to #6882583)
Subject: RE: Branson Ducks ride map

Nwmo
I read a report that several people from shore jumped in and swam out to help people. I also read one of the survivors was clinging to the paddle wheel of the Belle. I agree it must have been pretty close to shore or at least the Belle.

I can't remember for sure but I think our duck went out around the island and came back in. Maybe in the water 15 minutes. According to one of the survivors the captain told them not to put on the life jackets, that was a mistake.

Another story from a passenger from the other duck said they had trouble with their duck and had to wait on another duck to show up so they could switch out and continue into the water. Supposedly that delayed both ducks from going in thus had them in the water when the storm blew in.

I was in Branson Thursday until 3:30 and it was a sunny day with no clouds visible and nothing forecasted that morning. The July weather pattern for that area is high temps with scattered storms I'm not saying they ignored the warnings but it's very normal to have scattered storms most days this time of year, just not that strong usually.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)