AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oliver 1655 and offset disc
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FarmerTom
Posted 4/21/2009 06:36 (#687861 - in reply to #687021)
Subject: RE: Oliver 1655 and offset disc

Penobsquis, New Brunswick, Canada
all the responses are much appreciated.....this board is quite a library !

to answer a few ?'s

von....sn is 213074-452...it's a '69 1655 dressed in a 1650 outline. it's history is US then to potato country here in New Brunswick and then to me.

it's really strong and while i have not dyno tested it, i feel it's giving me more than 70 hp. if i need more grip, i'll replace the north american radials with euro radials and use the N.A. radials for duals.

the idea with this machine i'm building is to have it be multi functional. a mulching roller (rodale's roller), an offset disc, and material boxes on top for nutrients and/or seeds. in the spring of the year, i need to roll down and cut up 12" to 18" grasses/legumes and/or 36" winter rye, and incorporate crab meal in quantity and kelp meal in small amounts and possibly seed oats. i want to do this all in one pass....2" of depth is enough. in the fall i want to cut up grain stubble and seed down winter rye. i need to get the organic particle size down in the spring to promote decomposition and yet not get it too small in the fall so as to loose the integrity of the crop cover to prevent erosion and yet satisfy the organic inspector. in all of this , weed seed germination will be stimulated at a time when either spring field work or fall cold weather will stunt the weed's ability to reproduce.

once again thanks for your advice

FarmerTom
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)