AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dalian (China) Soybean Prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

J P
Posted 7/12/2018 13:33 (#6865637 - in reply to #6865598)
Subject: RE: How True!!!!

happyfarmer - 7/12/2018 13:09

How’s your crops coming along JP? Seems to me there are an awful lot of beans all over Iowa that are a real crap shoot on yield for this year.....long ways to go yet and not in great shape to start with.

Hi Happyfarmer,
Hope things are good there. For the most part, this area of Iowa looks pretty good. There are spots that aren't drained well that got hurt, some flooding dinged some stuff, but all in all, in looks decent. Beans don't seem as even as they should but I kinda gave up on guessing beans. Last year there was an issue with a neighboring farm whose beans got dinged from a tainted tank of dicamba. Not sure on all the specifics but in short, they were sprayed a little later than now, and over the next two months probably lost at least a third of their height, a bunch of leaves, and just looked poor - no other way to put it. I would have bet they wouldn't have done 30 from the road. Long story short - they went 68 bushel - the same as mine on 10 year COC ground that I thought should go 80. So they will yield what the scales and combine say as far as I am concerned.

Take Care

Edited by J P 7/12/2018 13:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)