AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Investments/ROI/Real estate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kst1
Posted 7/11/2018 09:58 (#6862927 - in reply to #6859967)
Subject: RE: Investments/ROI/Real estate

It's not mine but I have an acquaintance that does property management around home for a living. Something like 20-25 rentals and is currently developing a condo site and selling/leasing them as he builds them. His portfolio includes a duplex in Orlando about 10 minutes from Disney. He hired a property management company that keeps the place up and cleans every Monday before the next one comes in. Rent is from Tuesday-Sunday for a flat price plus a deposit that is refunded if you don't trash the place. He says he has only kept the deposit once. He keeps the place full 45+ weeks a year without trouble and his family spends a week or 2 every year down there for free, they usually don't plan so much as take off and go when it's open and they're not too busy. According to him it's more profitable than some of the places with a lease. Pretty sure he bought the duplex out of foreclosure in 2009 or 2010. Half of being profitable is being bought right I'm sure, so that is certainly a big factor.

Edit to add: He has a Craigslist for the duplex so he has $0 in marketing it.

Edited by kst1 7/11/2018 09:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)