AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Boot (footwear) question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 7/9/2018 21:40 (#6859971)
Subject: Boot (footwear) question

KY
Lots of boot posts in search, but I’m asking something I can’t find specifics on. I work 14 12/16 hour shifts a month, with quite a bit of that time spent in temps in excess of 115* year round and upwards of 125/130* this time of year. All concrete or steel grating. I wear slip on Justin’s/red wings on the farm, and get along fine. In the heat environment I’m in at work they loosen up and blister my heel, so I’ve tried all sorts of boots over the years, red wings, most recently Keen hiking style boots.. and the Keens HAVE to be the hottest dang boot I’ve ever slipped my feet into. My socks are wet in less than ten minutes, to the point my pants legs are soaked through in the area where my sock protrudes above my boots. (Thick pants too, Fire-retardant carhartt). My feet don’t sweat easily in the slip ons, but once again, the fit becomes an issue with the heat. I need a lightweight, composite toe boot that is oil resistant, and waterproof up to a few inches. I also need better socks for keeping my feet dry. Right now I’m using Hanes x-temp socks, they do fair but not as good as I’m sure i can find. Good socks aren’t cheap, I don’t want to just start buying random kinds on a whim to try and not like.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)