AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CRP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jonas grumby
Posted 7/9/2018 17:32 (#6859419 - in reply to #6859380)
Subject: RE: CRP Rant

Northern Illinois
No. I understand the point exactly. The OP is pissed that he doesn't get to rent the land and that his land is not in CRP. You sort of shot gun your reply but you start off with absentee landlords not spending money locally. I don't know where you are from because you did not put your location in your profile but here absentee landlords don't spend and less money locally than local farmers. Here all the towns are dead. Years ago all the towns had a lumber yard, hardware store and grocery store. Now a town is lucky to have one. That is not because of absentee farmland owners. It is because local people do not spend money locally. All the towns had an independent implement dealer. Now a town may have a dealer but it most likely is part of a larger dealership. Same thing with ag supplies. Local farmers do not support the local independent retailer. So now ag retailers have consolidated because farmers will go to the cheapest supplier. I own some Ford stock. Am I suppose to spend money in Detroit? People need to get the notion out of your minds that farmland is some special thing. It is an investment. So is it an investors fault that someone wants to farm their land and pay a higher amount for that privilege that you are will to pay? So look in the mirror if you are concerned about the local economy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)