AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Golden Rule bites him
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

buckshot
Posted 7/8/2018 22:39 (#6858164 - in reply to #6857781)
Subject: RE: The Golden Rule bites him

bshannon - 7/8/2018 20:20

You know, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Well these neighbors took advantage of me multiple times. The last straw was when they tried to screw me out a crop of hay. I have not spoken to them in the several years since. Yesterday he was crying to a different neighbor about how he wanted his hay round baled with net wrap. This neighbor does round baling, but has twine. In fact I guess when I think about it, right in the neighborhood there aren't a whole of custom guys with net wrap. If you want that you better plan ahead a little. Well crybaby neighor says Barb got a new round baler didn't she? Short pause. I guess she probably wouldn't do it for me though. First thing I've agreed with him on.
I got the satisfaction several years ago. I had bought a big round baler and this farmer right down the road from me who already had a reputation for being a cheap came up to my place and said I hear you have bought a big baler and I would like for you to bale my hay this year. I knew I should tell him no but thought it would help pay for bailer so I said ok. as we bailed his hay during the summer he keep saying I will just give you one check at the end of the season. I being young said ok. well the end of the season came and came time to pay and he said he had decided to reduce the price per bail by fifty cents. well he had me so I took reduced rate and the next year when he showed up I told him that I was to busy to bale all his hay this year and he needed to find someone else. he got another young guy in worse financial shape than i was to bale hay for the season. the fun part is that he had 40 acres beautiful hay in very large windrows joining my farm. I could see everything going on in his field from my yard when the kid pulled into the hay field to bale the 40 acres of hay and broke down with a serious problem after 3 bales. well just as I expected here he came sliding into my driveway wanting me to come down and bail his hay as we could tell a massive thunder storm was heading our direction. I told him I had put my bailer away for the season but did not tell him I had not got the tractor unhooked yet. I would have been glad to run my bailer down there and baled that good looking hay but figured he would end up screwing again. hay got heavy rain on it and it took several days of raking to dry it out to bale. I still feel good thinking of that cheap b%%%%%%% got what he deserved.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)