AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

clay all over, badger , dko
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Clay SEIA
Posted 7/8/2018 00:02 (#6856395 - in reply to #6856090)
Subject: RE: clay all over, badger , dko

SDnotiller - 7/7/2018 20:45
neukm - 7/7/2018 20:23 So you had hogs a few years longer than I did, but it sounds like we've sold the same number of crops. Now, what does that have to do with this discussion? And tariffs are the long term answer to what exactly? This is not the 1950s when the US was essentially the only economy in the world, there are alternatives today and protectionist trade policies will only slow economic growth. The only way this is a good strategy is if an agreement can be reached soon resulting in a reduction of trade barriers from where we began. I don't necessarily believe that is underway or happening. It's pretty easy to understand the criticism towards the POTUS. This administration is the first one in a long time to actively oppose the economic interest of agriculture, from exiting TPP, RINS waivers and imposing tariffs on our best customers. Trump is criticized because essentially he brought a coup to the Republican Party. The conservative movement, Chamber of Commerce types and Libertarian leaners are essentially left without a party, in favor of big government trade unions, and authoritarian Statism. You don't hear Democrats condemning Trump on the tariffs, because they agree with him. It's a few Rebulicans who are secure enough to risk a tweet storm who are speaking out, like Ben Sasse and Mitt Romney. Had the previous administration publicly threatened Harley Davidson, this forum would rightfully condemn it, but only silence now. It's going to take a great leader to reunite the fractured Republican base post Trump, and THAT is shortsighted.
Since yours is basically only political, I'll reply with the Republican Party has been Democrat Light for 20 years, maybe longer. If Trump destroys the Repub party, I won't cry over it. I take it you were perfectly happy with how things looked at the end of the Obama administration? I sure wasn't. Pendulums swing, it got swung hard to the left, you are surprised someone is swinging it hard the other way? Same deal with trade, for years we bent over and took it because we were afraid someone wouldn't buy our products. Now it's so far gone it looks radical to tell other countries to take their tariffs off our goods or we put them on theirs. You call it Trump starting a trade war, but I say it's been death by a thousand cuts for years and we finally got tired of it and hit back. Now we are the instigator? You guys will obviously never admit that it could turnout OK, so there is no point in arguing about it. Have a great day.

My politics are pretty much this simple- I don't like being lied to.  I don't care whether you have a D or an R after your name when you lie to me.   And if you think only the Ds or only the Rs lie to you, then you are so jacked up in your politics that you are a fool and the reason why they all get away with their lies.   Now, since I know they all say things that are not true including the current POTUS, I am inclined to give it some more time and see how things turn out when we have somebody there that has the stones to do very unconventional things that none of the other politicians would because their major priority was simply to get reelected.  

And commodity markets will continue to cycle higher and lower, like they have since the beginning of recorded history. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)