AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Frytown and Soysbeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Just saying
Posted 7/5/2018 16:01 (#6852273 - in reply to #6848594)
Subject: RE: Frytown and Soysbeans

N.W. Ohio
emtbd1979 - 7/3/2018 17:20

Just saying - 7/3/2018 14:53

I don’t believe that’s farming the Insurance. But it sure as heck is one of the reasons a person buys the insurance. When comes to soybeans I tend to buy the insurance more for the price guarantee than I do the yield. Farmers have gotten a curve ball thrown at us this year with this tariff crap. I certainly wouldn’t call it farming the Insurance.
price isn't set for most now unless you bought the option and you have to see what your yield nand price is this fall. Unless you buy grip and with premiums for it as high as they are you are trading dollars. I buy insurance to farm another year. I go into every year planning on not using it. That's why I'm 90% sold for fall. Your insurance check isn't in the bank yet. I wouldn't be too giddy

I have a bad habit of not checking in to often.... actually maybe that's not all that bad of a habit....??? lol But no where in my post will you find that I said I was Giddy/Happy/ or any sort of glad with what's happening with our markets being screwed over by world Governments!! What I was replying to was the fact that this tyye of situation sure as Heck isn't farming the Crop Insurance! I personally never ever buy insurance with the "Hope" that I will collect! What kind of idiot would "Hope" they lose the top 15-20% off their crop?? But when something like this BS comes down from Washington DC, I sure as Hech wont feel guilty for collecting on the insurance if in fact that's how things turn out come this fall. If you want to turn down your Insurance payment, More power to you!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)