AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Des Moines attractions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mostlyred
Posted 7/5/2018 09:25 (#6851681 - in reply to #6849657)
Subject: RE: Des Moines attractions?

Farm in WC Iowa
povertypoint - 7/4/2018 07:56

ISUAgBusiness - 7/3/2018 14:49

Not Poverty, but I'll assume he's referring to the DM Water Works lawsuit debacle, and I share his sentiments...

Spot on :)
Spending or sending any money to a business in Des Moines, is similar
to supporting PETA or the humane society of the United States.
MO

I unfortunately don’t see it the same way as you. However I do drink the water here in Des Moines so I do care to keep it high quality. In 2012 DSM was given the distinction of best tap water in the us by Forbes. So I can see why they are particular about their water supply.

The Des Moines water works operates as a separate entity from the city but is owned by the people. For the cost of about 2 bottles of water per resident they explored a legal matter to protect their water supply. The residents and visitors of the city all benefit from having good clean water to drink and use.

The three counties that got singled out are huge animal producers. So much so that you can start to smell the cattle in the air 20-30 miles away from them. They and a lot of us ag producers will push the limits of these current water quality laws that it will require regulations at some point.

That is the nice thing about our democracy. We have checks and balances. Or water pollution in Iowa is out of balance and the Dsm WaterWorks gave it a legal check. I do not fault them from doing so and tre outcome was positive for AG. But people will continue to want clean water and this should serve as a wake up call to what is to come if we don’t change. (Or the Minnesota water way situation)

You may want to check out Omaha instead. They might be more AG friendly. It only comes at a cost of atrazine, nitrate, nitrites, and manganese being over the health guideline limits for their drinking water.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)