AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rural Home Ownership Entitlement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ricb
Posted 7/4/2018 15:32 (#6850511 - in reply to #6849960)
Subject: RE: Rural Home Ownership Entitlement

Puckerville Dead center N.Y.
I have had each of these scenarios at least once. 4 wheelers, dirtbikes,pickups, cars, golf balls, even brush piles. The last thing I would ever do is announce how much anything I was running costs. I have even had some of the offenders ask how much when I was calling them out for throwing...stuff in the field. They just don't care about anything but themselves. Most of mine have been people that grew up around here and should know better, but don't.

And that doesn't even approach things that grow legs and walk off the equipment. Chopping first cutting had a hydraulic hose rupture at dark. Left chopper well out of sight from the road. Went back and took off the hose and went home. Remembered to pull the key but not to take the chain out of the chain box. Started at 8:00 the next morning. Went to pull a truck. Yep. Chain gone. Brand new. Only pulled one truck with it. Had another chain. Put that in the box. Moved to another farm ten miles away. Another hydraulic hose. Again didn't think of the chain. Next day gone. I never thought much about leaving the key in some equipment before. Now I have to take everything out or off before I quit for the night. I have my suspicions about both the chains but know I could never prove anything. My girlfriend said to paint them purple. May just try that sometime.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)