AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bifocal advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 7/4/2018 04:18 (#6849456 - in reply to #6848935)
Subject: RE: Bifocal advice

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
Glasses since 5th grade, bifocals for 20 years. First pair were progressives, just could not get them to work. Visited with a friend of mine, his partner had same complaint that they would not work for him, and he went back and got the lined kind. So i went back to my eye dr., and demanded the lined kind. They said said no, we have a different kind of progressive lens now, adjusted to them quite quickly, and have had them ever since.

Only problems is that the line changes right where i want to watch the sickle on the bean head, also don't work when planting (looking out the corner of my eye checking marker arm, etc.) , so just wear a regular pair (be it sunglasses or clear at night) during those two operations.

My biggest screw-up was when i went back to get a pair without the bifocals, wife said that she was tired of my wearing glasses with fairly large lens, and talked me into getting the new pair with smaller lens. Fashion over function. Well guess what, the lens are so small, that the place where i want to look at the bean head sickle bar is right where the bottom of the lens and bottom of the frames are (exactly where the progressive line was on the bifocals).

Hampton, I think you and I are in the class of people that eye doctors just wait until our eyes get so bad that we go into the eye doctors office, almost begging for bifocals, and therefore we know deep in our own hearts that it "is time" for us to get them, so it is our idea, and not their's. Get the bifocals, you will adjust within a week, and will be glad that you have them. Regards, Bruce.

edit: just remembered, they don't work at the computer screen either, cuz i just had to wander back to the computer in the dark, to get my glasses off of the table. haha.

Edited by Bruce NW Ia 7/4/2018 04:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)