AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rural Home Ownership Entitlement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Iowa Quality Hay
Posted 7/3/2018 08:17 (#6847859)
Subject: Rural Home Ownership Entitlement

Grabill, Indiana
This week I was side-dressing corn at one of our farms that is surrounded on the south side by houses. One of the houses was the original farmstead for the farm but was sold a few years ago. The owners take care of the property but are aggressive about mowing across the property line, even cutting off our crops.

The other day I just about lost it, it was a good thing they were not home, when I found remnants of their fireworks display in the field. It was obvious they were shooting them into our field of corn. This field was planted to cereal rye and now there is a lot of dry rye stubble throughout the entire field. Granted this was only a few rows into our crop but it is still in our crop.

We had an issue on one of my mother's farms last year. The new homeowner across the road did not like the height of the CRP grass in her field so they decided to mow the entire 10 acre field with their lawnmower. When the Sheriff's Deputy and State Trooper questioned him about it he was indignant and did not think what he did was wrong. He did not like looking out the window at the tall grass so he took care of it.

I tire of the entitlement mentality by people that move to the country and expect us, farmers and landowners, to allow them to do what ever they want to do.

Jim

Edited by Iowa Quality Hay 7/3/2018 08:30

(0701181322[1] (full).jpg)

(0701181322a[1] (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 0701181322[1] (full).jpg (141KB - 100 downloads)
Attachments 0701181322a[1] (full).jpg (178KB - 91 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)