AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$5000 Per Year For Education
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

purplepride0
Posted 7/1/2018 22:44 (#6845454 - in reply to #6843405)
Subject: RE: $5000 Per Year For Education

West Central MN (between MMF and Larson's)
rollig - 6/30/2018 22:05

My employer is offering all employees $5,000 per year towards education of any kind, does not need to be relevant to my job. What would you spend it on? My short list right now includes a CCA certification and my private pilots license. I wouldn't mind some kind of mechanics classes too, perhaps john deere specific if possible. I work full time, farm, and have 2 little girls at home so I don't have a ton of extra time. Online classes or even just good manuals would be great. Maybe learn a trade like plumbing or something? Thoughts?

Pilots license you would find quite handy and satisfying (amazing the different perspective it provides) and will cut time off many pleasure trips. I wish I would have finished mine.

If you want to help your farm I highly recommend TEPAP through Texas A&M. Great coursework on everything from family business planning to high level management. Kind of an Ag MBA. But the relationships with other producers from across the USA and world are great. I don't keep in touch with everyone but have regular conversations with many.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)