AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sioux Falls, SD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

1066ih
Posted 7/1/2018 13:30 (#6844344 - in reply to #6843841)
Subject: RE: Sioux Falls, SD

South eastern South Dakota
Since you are asking what I would do, if it was ME, I would book a room at AmericInn for 2 nights in Sioux Falls. Good rest on night 1, then get up EARLY, eat at the hotel and go to the Hefty field day. Get a good rest on night 2 then get up and eat at the hotel. Head west to Rapid City where you have rooms booked at AmericInn for as long as you want to stay out there. Sturgis bike week starts officially on August 3rd and people start going there early so do not delay in booking rooms. Call today, it is possible some hotels will already be full. Just Google stuff to do in and around the black hills, it is all good. Pace yourself as it will be hot weather, drink a lot of water, eat as little junk food as possible, just small healthy meals, sit and rest and just look at the sights often. Take the most comfortable shoes and clothing you have. Avoid most of the tourist shop trinket places, they take time to walk through and there is better stuff to see. The hotel you stay in will have brochures on a ton of stuff you can do. Google a bunch of stuff now, because some stuff takes reservations like the 1880 train ride and it gets full up sometimes weeks ahead. Call places you are interested in visiting for more details, also ask about restaurant reservations. I must add the reason I mentioned a specific hotel is because I have stayed with them and had good experiences with them in many different towns. My daughter is starting school at the School of Mines and tech. in Rapid City in a few weeks so we have been there a few times lately.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)