AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It is not good out there
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

doathlon
Posted 6/26/2018 14:45 (#6835509 - in reply to #6835282)
Subject: RE: It is not good out there

Jackrabbit - 6/26/2018 11:58

The mental health issue is getting serious and doesn't have an easy fix especially when someone like Bluedog has a valid opinion and some instantly try to invalidate it. He may be wrong but there is enough correlation that it should be investigated.

I liken depression to high blood pressure. If you don't take care of your body you get high blood pressure. You can then choose to get your act together and get your blood pressure back down or take medication.

If you don't take care of your mind you become depressed. You can then choose to get control of your thoughts, words, and actions or take the necessary medication to help you do so.

I know this is not a popular opinion but we can't just keep telling people it's not their fault and give them some drugs. Although I admit I have no idea how to tell a suicidal person it's their fault they feel the way they do.

Social media is to our minds what fast food is to our bodies.

Line of thinking is WHY the suicide rate is high. I guess we shouldn't take pills for diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure, blood clots, and for cancer let's just pray instead of take chemo. Good lord.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)