AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Church
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

steve1616
Posted 6/19/2018 14:22 (#6821865 - in reply to #6821671)
Subject: RE: Church

North East Kansas
Wayne A - 6/19/2018 14:20

steve1616,

It is elementary and fundamental that the old Mosaic Law was for a time and season...untill Grace came to fulfill and replace it. Jesus fulfilled 'the law' and it was nailed to the cross. Why do you dig up something about the old law and 'wave it in my face'? I believe all the Bible by accepting all of it...that some parts were before Grace and that the New Testament [covenment] supersedes the lesser [the old covenment]."

You will make my point great for me. You must of completely missed my point from the last posts. Its not about the book, its about the God in the book. The God of the old testament supposedly tells Moses, "the man shall be surely put to death". This is for picking up sticks on the Sabbath. There are many cases just like this in the old testament where God is a cold blooded killer. I guess God must have needed Grace also, because these acts are incomprehensible. Somehow the men in the old testament think God wanted sacrifice, and yet in the new testament Jesus clearly says that is not required, but mercy is. I guess our God changed with the book. He went from a complete jerk to a nice guy. That is still to this day why some religions view the old testament to the new testament a change in power to a different God.

In the new testament Jesus himself taught compassion and mercy just like my bible quote in an earlier post. He did it for the cheating wife that he didn't allow anyone to throw stones at.

So you see my point is that our God is either bipolar, psychotic, a murderer, etc, or the old testament has a lot of crud in it that depicts God in a false manner. It seems like man uses God to commit these murders when God had nothing to do with it. There sure seems to be a heck of a lot of misunderstanding for people that were supposedly communication with God. So much so that God had to send Jesus down.

Finally, I will just be happy that the God I love only wants from me what I would want from my children. I would not want worship, but I would want Love. I would want them to treat each other in a good way. The view that most religions give of God is quite bad. If God is indeed who most religions think he is, then I am dammed anyway, and nothing I can do will every please God.

Also, your quote below about preaching a different gospel making someone accursed. Well I am pretty sure Jesus himself is accursed since he taught differently. Isn't just like man to say, "I am right and you are going to hell if you believe differently. I think everyone should believe how they feel fit, but to completely ignore irregularities in the Bible just to fit your religion is beyond crazy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)