AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Church
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

steve1616
Posted 6/18/2018 22:33 (#6820605 - in reply to #6819715)
Subject: RE: Interesting, but there is no way that I'd raise my daughter's to aspire to anything less that...

North East Kansas
I find it appropriate that you use the word conscience to defend your religion, since it was my conscience that led me away from mine. For even the Bible says that God's law was written into our hearts as part of the new covenant. I asked God in prayer just like in the Bible. I didn't pray in church, but rather I prayed for hours at a time in my home by myself just like is said in the Bible. I only wanted the truth, and to know my God. I have never been closer to God in my life. My life is changed and I didn't get there with the church. I also saw a post up above calling people atheists for not believing in certain things of the Bible. You can definitely believe in God and also have doubts about certain things in the Bible.

One of the things I have noticed is that if my experiences don't line up with someone else's beliefs then they automatically must be from the Devil. Just like Jesus saying in the Bible that you will know my people by he way they love one another. I have a hard time believing this is the Devils doing when only good has come from my experiences. Since I have left my religion, things have become simple. I love everyone and judge no one. I have compassion that I have never known. I have been born again in a way I had never known before. I am proud of my sinful past because it means something to me that I have left it behind. The only thing that became different is that my entire being changed. I no longer felt attached to my instinctive body. I had a hard time even talking to people for over 6 months after my experiences because I couldn't stop crying when talking about anything. My compassion was like nothing I have ever felt. I finally felt happy and so loved by God for once in my life, yet every religion will tell me to be careful because Im being led by the Devil. Even my Dad said this at first until he saw how much different I was. Its hard to accuse someone of being led by the Devil when they only want to do good and show love.

On this same topic, I was once a devout catholic, and when I was, I completely thought everyone that said they had a God experience was a lier. I was supposed to have faith, yet I doubted everything. Granted, a lot of times these things can be lies, but I would never have believed it possible that things unbelievable could truly happen. I love reading the near death experiences from the NDERF website. These aren't the highly publicized experiences that some religions use to prove they are the right religions. These are former atheists or just normal people that are too afraid to even tell family member of their experiences because their family abandons them afterwards. Its funny that we can believe the Bible from people many years ago, yet people that have near death experiences are ridiculed. Their experiences line up exactly with my conscience and with the teachings of Jesus. The bible makes more sense to me after my experiences. I understand it better in my own way, and the more I read near death experiences the more the Bible made sense to me. To me, life is much more simple now. I no longer ponder the little things I used to. If you love, if you care, if you treat every single person they way they would want to be treated, then the rest is no longer of matter. Jesus sums the entire Bible up with his Golden rule. I still have my struggles, but at least I feel that I know the direction I need to head.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)