AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Church
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CIH Farmer
Posted 6/18/2018 08:24 (#6819150 - in reply to #6818744)
Subject: RE: Church

Old Testament was perfect - in the fact of it being the law given by God to Moses. What was inperfect was generation after generation of men that could do nothing right. OT is the law under which all men (and women) will be judged. New Testament (Jesus) is the fullfillment of that law.

The interesting thing is that when we come to realise there is no way possible for any man able to satisify the Law of the Gospel (note David, apple of God's eye and all the horrid sins he committed), THEN we read of the way possible, and it has NOTHING to do with man.

The reason I left had nothing to do with the pastor and everything to do with the people that attend. It was the "high moral superiority" of the church people that did me in. Maybe these churches are dwindling because of the people in them and not the pastors. I was so appalled when I hear all the judgement from people, but they can't even see the horrible things they themselves do. I wasn't the one being judged in my church, but couldn't stand watching it done to others. I can see the value of the Bible, but I started disliking it when people used that same good book to pick out versus so they could use them for hate. If you were a woman, would you still feel like they are worth hearing? I find it disgusting that people use the Bible for discrimination and hate. How many times did Jesus himself preach outside of the temple? Did he not see the value of the Church? The church goers at the time crucified him for his different way of teaching.

Sorry to hear you stopped attending church. What you experienced is very dishearting but also very real...

Just remember, the devil is in every church, continuely assulting anyone he can manipulate. I had to learn to look past "high moral superiority" people. They are right, I will never be as good as them. And that's ok, because I need saving from somewhere other than myself.

Pride and/or proud humility is just as big of a sin as murder. So I'm happy they are in church. You never know if the Lord may use something to stop them in their sin. What better place, than somewhere that warns them that their best works "are as filthy rags?"

Last note: in the ancient Hebrew - the actual translation is "thou shalt not murder" not "kill". Murder is wrong, which is what that man did.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)