AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sibling you just can't get along with?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Cuzn eddy
Posted 6/17/2018 17:35 (#6817928 - in reply to #6817267)
Subject: RE: Sibling you just can't get along with?

Midwest
Yep, my oldest sister learned years ago how to complain about "unfair". I've called her a professional victim , considering how everything in the family is "unfair". I'm the only boy and she has a twin sister so for years I was spoiled because I was the only boy she would claim. She would make such a fuss about it that I was anything but spoiled. For years she would tell lies, her twin would back her up, and I would get punished of lose out on something because of her lying ways. Examples, got in trouble because she said I shot her with a BB gun and when I tried to defend myself and make her show where the welt was she got out of it with "I don't want to", she wrecked her bike one day and claimed that she wrecked because I threw a rock and hit her in the head but the twin for once didn't back her up and it took 2 of us saying I didn't do it to disprove the 1 saying I did, had her telling lies about things I did at school and got in trouble even though I didn't do it.

Well years went by and I left the past in the past until she started it again. She would complain that my parents watched another sisters kids more than they ever watched hers, she lived 30 miles away and sister lived 1 1/2 miles away. She would complain anytime somebody got something from our parents, I never got help but other siblings did. I ignored her the best i could and since i lived the closest i did chores and helped whenever i could. When mom was fighting cancer and had treatments i did chores twice a day for a week at a time in blizzards and summer heat. I have more sisters and not a single one of them did the chores one single time. One family get together mom chewed me out using the lies from her daughter, and 2 days later emailed my wife wanting me to do chores again while they were gone, I refused (I've never been close to her). A year or so later dad out of the blue said he was siding with my mom (they subscribed to the unified parent theory instead of accepting that no one is always right). I don't talk to any of them any more than I have to.

The only caveat is after the blowup my wife asked me one day if I wanted to be executor, I said no, she asked who I thought should be and I named 2 names. She then asked if the oldest sister should and I said definitely not. The next family reunion I walked in and she looked over at me and just glared at me. I don't know what happened but I'm thinking for the first time in her life she got her wings clipped.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)