AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Favorite quote....what's yours?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jcs
Posted 4/15/2009 16:37 (#681434 - in reply to #681271)
Subject: RE: Several Ag / Farm Quotes

Oklahoma
Thanks for posting those. I had a speech in 4-H that started with the line "we treat our soil like dirt". My Dad helped me write it but I never knew any one said it other than him.

Couple of mine from my file of quotes/comments.

Commit thy way unto the Lord; Trust in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. Ps37:5

“I don’t want the other guy to do bad, I want him to do good, but I want to do better” T.Boone Pickens at brothers graduation.

Convenience has a price. My Dad

"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." Albert Einstein

Americans would rather die free than to die on their knees. George Washington

"It's dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -- Voltaire

"Remember, a government big enough to give you everything you want, is also big enough to take away everything you have." -- Davy Crockett

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." -- Adolph Hitler

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty; when the people fear the government, there is tyranny." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury. Democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by dictatorship."
-- Alexander Fraser Tytler, The Decline and Fall of the Athenian Republic

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

Edited by jcs 4/15/2009 16:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)