AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wait just a minute Mr. Illff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

christianh
Posted 4/15/2009 13:14 (#681274 - in reply to #681261)
Subject: Re: Wait just a minute Mr. Illff

St. Gregor, SK, Canada
I don't know much about the ILLFF Operation, but I'll say this... There are large farms, where the owners/operators are great, friendly neighbours. Others, are arrogant pricks. One can't judge an operation by the people.

Some CEOs are great guys (and girls). Others, you'd like to poke their eyes out. We shouldn't be feuding over this. We're all farmers for crying out loud!

If you want to farm 500 acres, so be it. If I want to farm 2,000, so be it, and if the next guy down the road wants to farm 40,000 acres, well, I'll wish him the best of luck too! At the end of the day, your cost/acre is all that counts. The guy farming 40,000 acres has the same costs/acre, as you do, if you try hard enough. Economy of scale on a big farm, vs. Efficiency on a small one.

Remember that at the end of the day, everything we produce gets CONSUMED. Bickering like little children - as some (I won't name names) seem to be doing (to me anyway) - that reflects poorly on us as professionals. And yes, each and every one of us who farms is a professional - we have specific skills, and experience, that we leverage to produce a product (commodity, cow, milk, whatever). Let's start acting like what we are!

That's my $0.02 ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)