AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Money and power
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin'funfarming
Posted 6/3/2018 15:32 (#6793207 - in reply to #6793032)
Subject: RE: Money and power

Manitoba, Canada
I don’t know what is best in a leader of a country. Honesty, virtue, compassion for others, etc,etc,etc are all noble traits. Unfortunately I don’t think anyone with those values can get very far in the world of politics. It takes someone tough to make the necessary decisions to run a country. You need to be able to be fair and sometimes that requires standing against the powerhouses of the country.

Our own leader in Canada puts on a show and wants us to believe he has those traits but anyone with half a brain knows that his priority is buying votes to stay in office and the lowest votes on the tree are the easy pickings. He wouldn’t make a stand for what’s best for the country if it meant costing him votes. He will make a stand to buy votes only. If it were not for the self serving interest of appearing to care he wouldn’t give a rats behind about the average Canadian.

Given a choice, I prefer someone like Trump. Has he got faults? Absolutely. Lots of them. But he’s a relatively known commodity. He says what he thinks and no one is left wondering. Maybe it’s to a fault and he has some very questionable thoughts but he isn’t all about PR work to buy votes. I think a country needs to be run like a company and needs someone with the experience of running a company. An arts teacher leaves a lot to be desired in running a country. Just the opinion of a person who hates politics.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)