AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

church in transition
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JRthefarmer
Posted 6/2/2018 11:01 (#6791160 - in reply to #6791077)
Subject: RE: church in transition

SESD
Here's my short POV. You can either believe the bible or not. The bible says it is a sin. The bible also names many other sins. I believe most if not all of us have one sin that is our crutch or even curse. Some it's alcohol. Some it's lust. Some it's same sex attraction. And on and on. The problem comes in the understanding of the sin and reaction to it. If I am a practicing alcoholic with no conviction spiritually to work towards celibacy, is that OK. If my curse is being attracted to the same sex and I have no conviction to work toward living a clean life, what do you thing that would say about my "faith"? Study the passages that talk about living or continuing in sin and you'll see that it is not the sign of a saved person to be accepting of the sin in their life. Homosexuality, IMO, can be a struggle from young age just like any other sin. The person chooses to act on it or follow biblical principals and deal with the struggle of temptation that is in all of us since the first sin in the garden.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)