AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

church in transition
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

larryshoat
Posted 6/2/2018 06:56 (#6790777 - in reply to #6790589)
Subject: RE: church in transition

Southwestern Ohio

havin'funfarming - 6/1/2018 23:09 The thing is I’m not saying it is right nor that it should be the normal way. But I really don’t think that many of them have a choice. I know I didn’t actively choose to like women. It just happened naturally and I suspect that is the way it happened for almost everyone else too. If I did not choose to be heterosexual then in what way am I better or more deserving than someone who didnt choose to be homosexual? I have done nothing to deserve that status. I struggle with that thought and I don’t see how I am in a position to think others are guilty when they never had a choice. Another thing is what is the criteria that makes a sin acceptable? For example, Thou shalt not lie. Yet I can guarantee that every priest has lied before and also after becoming a priest. Every one of us has lied and because we are all liars sometimes does that make it an acceptable sin and therefore it doesn’t disqualify anyone from holding a position as a religious leader? I am questioning things more than making statements because I don’t know if it is possible to know the answer.

The grace and mercy of the Lord Jesus Christ is available to all that seek it, however a homosexual lifestyle is incompatible with Christian teaching. The homosexual movement of today does not seek the grace and mercy of the Lord they seek acceptance that what they are doing is not wrong, therefore why would they need grace? To use you're example that we are all liars at some point, then our only hope is the sacrifice that the Lord made on the cross where he paid for that sin in full. Our part is to confess it and repent of it. The homosexual movement neither wants to confess or repent. 

Larry

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)