AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

church in transition
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DC swIL
Posted 6/1/2018 07:31 (#6789231 - in reply to #6788821)
Subject: RE: church in transition

I was in the same position as you 13 years ago. The church of my family and my ancestors was and still is in the United Church of Christ. The UCC that summer voted as a denomination to allow and sanctify gay marriages in their churches. Over the course of that summer several hostile and contentious meetings were held in our local church about this and about whether to remain a part of the UCC. The final vote was 52-50 to remain. It was ugly!

I was then very disillusioned with church. I vowed to continue reading my bible and devotions but to stay home and watch football on Sunday mornings. And I did just that for several weeks. But God didn't give up on me and drew me back to Himself. Over the course of about 3 weeks it seemed every devotional was written directly to me. My wife and I tentatively visited a few churches. It was hard especially for me. But we found one we liked. The music was good and the sermons were directly from the truth of the Bible.

We've been at that church over 12 years now and it's the best thing that could have happened to us. It's not a perfect church, none are, but my wife and I have grown in our faith so much in our time there.

I would encourage you to stand up for what you know (from the bible) to be right and true. If your denomination wants to change what God says is right and true it is time to move on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)