AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carousel in Albany , Oregon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Land Rover
Posted 5/29/2018 10:16 (#6784133 - in reply to #6783355)
Subject: RE: LANDROVER !

nc Ia.
Hi ..I am Land Rover's Wife..Thank you for the WOW!! I started painting and restoring carousel figures in the late seventies. It was on lark really, I just wanted one and researched them called large cities park and recreation departments. We were into antique cars so we were getting Hemming's Motor News and in the back was an ad for a carousel..Anyway long story short we bought the carousel from Mr Anderson who owned the Ponderosa Ranch (where they filmed Bonanza). We scrapped up money from everywhere to buy it so I had to get busy restoring to get some of our money back.

I started stripping the first horse with a heat gun. We bought the carousel over the week end and by Wednesday I was ready to paint it. I put an ad in Newspapers up and down the coast of California..the ads came out on Friday Morning and my phone started Ringing!! My (ex) Husband who agreed to do this only because I was so persistent could not believe how many other "Weirdo's" liked them also.

Well we had 30 animals and I sold 8 that week end but people wanted me restore them..We called "THE STRIPPER BOY'S" (thats what we called them) to help us get the horses old paint stripped off..Anyway by now my (ex) husband thinks I am really on to something, so he is truly on board. So since then I have owned and restored many entire Carousel's and have had them in operation in City Parks on lease. Eddie Roth whoa stared out stripping horses, asked if he could also do some repair work on legs and so forth, I said sure go for it. Well he did great and we encouraged him so he carved a small inside row horse at first..We couldn't believe how awesome he was ..Any way I will post his website he is AWESOME!!!
http://www.aandesculpting.com/about-us.asp

Edited by Land Rover 5/29/2018 10:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)