AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The countries newest recreational area...county highways
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Luckyfarmer
Posted 5/28/2018 20:43 (#6783370 - in reply to #6782709)
Subject: RE: The countries newest recreational area...county highways

Central South Dakota
I don't care if bicycles use the road, but they need to use some damn common sense. We can have truck trains weighing up to 152,000 going down the highway. I've driven commercially as well as for the farm and consider myself an excellent driver in a truck, but you can only be so good when stupidity is involved.

Just the other day, was headed to the elevator, guy on a bike is driving right down the middle of the lane, but is blind to traffic behind them because he was on a bicycle and was hidden by a hill. It takes 500-600' to stop that if your really good and probably closer to 800' if it's a surprise and that may be pushing it.

Dude almost caused an accident the first trip, then my second trip I knew he would be somewhere around this set of hills when I came back. Sure enough he was, almost got killed the second go round because the hill blocked the view of the traffic coming behind him and he turned around to check his rear and did the death wobble right out into traffic in front of a pickup that got stopped, the truck behind the pickup shot out into the middle of the road because he couldn't possibly have known the bike was there until he was on him and I took the shoulder in my truck so the other guy could have the middle and we didn't have a head on collision or kill the idiot on his bicycle.

Common sense can go a long ways, but most of the bike riders that come out here seem to be of the opinion that we need to look out for them because there is more cows than people. Not all of them are that way, but they seem to be the exception.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)